utorak, 25. studenoga 2014.

Queen Elizabeth Meets Rihanna - More Research

After Kat's feedback, I started going through Rihanna's photos to see what other elements I could use in my design. Red is a colour Rihanna wears on her lips quite often, just like Elizabeth used to, but I wanted to change it up a bit. I found images of Rihanna wearing very nice brown and nude shades of lipstick. Also, I really like the neutral shades of eyeshadows that she uses and that is also someting that I would like to try to maybe use for my final design.
Rihanna Hair
Launch of Rihanna's River Island collection
Oxford Street Rivel Island store, London
photographer: Stuart Wilson
(March 3rd 2013)
(source: www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Rihanna/pJfYG5yo2rP/Beauty/angle/Lz-9wFPx_4 - found on:Nov 14th 2014)
28-rihanna-makeup
At the Gucci and Rocnation Private Pre Grammy Brunch 
Soho House, L.A, California
(February 12th 2011)
(source: http://stealherstyle.net/rihanna/?post_type=makeup - found on: Nov 14th 2014)


After this research I started thinking how can incorporate brown shades on both lips and eyes into my desing. I've come up with two looks where I actually used the same products on the eyes and lips - the Illamasqua eyeshadows. 

Look no.1
Elizabethan elements: pale face, rosy cheeks
Contemporary elements: contouring, brown/gold lips and eyes, lashes, eyebrows 

Products used to achieve this look: 
Foundation: Alabaster (UltraFoundation by Kryolan)
Contouring: Bronzing Sun (Glamour Glow Palette by Kryolan) 

Lips & Eyes: Precipice; inner corners + Graphica; outer corners lips (Illamasqua Reflection Palette)
Cheeks on the face chart: Lover (Illamasqua) 
Cheeks in the selfie: R 21 (Blusher Palette Matt by Kryolan)
Eyebrows: Black Pepper (Viva Brilliant Color Madley Matt Sun by Kryolan)

I used a different colour for the blusher than in the face chart because the Lover shade was not as bright on my skin as it was on the face chart. I wanted to put more colour on my cheeks since the rest of the face is quite neutral.
Face Chart
(Nov 14 2014)
Practicing - Selfie
(Nov 14 2014)
Look no.2
Elizabethan elements: pale skin and rosy cheeks
Contemporary elements: contouring around the forehead, brown/gold lips and eyes, lashes, eyebrows 

Products used to achieve this look:
Foundation: Alabaster (UltraFoundation by Kryolan)
Contouring: Bronzing Agais (Glamour Glow Palette by Kryolan) 

Lips & Eyes: Precipice; inner corners and top lip + Acute; outer corners and bottom lip (Illamasqua Reflection Palette)
Cheeks: TO (Blusher palette -5 MATT  by Kryolan) 
Eyebrows: Black Pepper (Viva Brilliant Color Madley Matt Sun by Kryolan)
Face Chart
(Nov 14 2014)
The look my partner created 
(Nov 19th 2014)
I liked this look but felt like there was something missing. Sue said that it looks very nice, but that it is not Elizabethan enough, she said to think outside the box and maybe use warmer colours

Mixing and Matching
Instead of making one face chart at a time, and then having one thing that I don't like about it and then making a new one, I decided to play a little bit. First I drew lips, 10 different ones, on one paper and faces on the other one. 

For the lips I've used mostly colours from the Supracolor Palette by Kryolan and on the eyes and cheeks Kryolan's Blusher Palette. The eyes and cheeks, you can see, don't really match on each side of the face, but they weren't meant to, I was just testing different colours. 
On the 1st face (left to right) I used the shades 665G, Youth Red from the Blusher palette by Kryolan, on both eye and cheeks. On the 2nd eye I used 665G and 101 and on the cheek 665, Youth Red + TO. The shade I used as eyeshadow on the 3rd eye was R21 and I used Purple/Lila colour from the Supracolor palette as eyeliner. On the cheeks I used Illamasqua's cream blush in the shade Libido and mixed it with a little bit of Supracolor Gold, but I don't really like the final resault.
 Lips
(Nov 21st 2014)
Faces
(Nov 21st 2014)
First, I tried to see if red lips would match any of the looks. Left lip is the Supracolor 081 (dark red) mixed with a bit of Gold. I used 079 and Gold on the right lip, with Purple/Lila in the middle of the lips. 
Also, I tested both colours on my lips, as you can see in the images below...
(Nov 21st 2014)
081 + Gold, Supracolor
(Nov 21st 2014) 
The two lip charts up close
(Nov 21st 2014)
079 + Purple, no Gold
(Nov 21st 2014)
Here I used the shades LC009 on the left and LC010 on the right lip, both from the Lip Rouge Palette by Kryolan and mixed both with Supracolor 070 (white). The left lip is simple dark red and on the right one I drew a heart shape in the middle of the lip.

(Nov 21st 2014)
...and here I used Red and Gold from the Supracolor palette. 

(Nov 21st 2014)
Lastly, this is one of the lip charts I've made. The colour around the lip is foundation in the shade Alabaster by Kryolan, and I used it to see how the Gold (Supracolor) looks like, because there is a difference between a white background and what it actually looks on the lips and my skin tone. Then I tested what it looks like on my lips with and without the black lip line and I blended it so it is not as dark. I think it looks better with a lip line, because it gives the lip a bit of depth.
Lip chart
(Nov 21st 2014)
Without the lip line
(Nov 21st 2014)
 Without the lip line
(Nov 21st 2014)

I've spent a lot of time to create these face charts but still I don't think I like any of them. I will definitely use gold in further research because it is a royal colour and it can make the simplest look very Elizabethan, but no, I wouldn't use any of these looks as my final design.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar