subota, 25. listopada 2014.

Face Charts

Face charts are very important when you are a makeup artist. Makeup designers use them as reference guides in fashion shows, in theatres and film productions. They are to show your skills to a client and give them an option to see what a certain look looks like and to give them options. It is also a good way to showcase your abilities to others and a good way to practice.
You use makeup to create the look, but you can also use coloured pens, pencils and any other technique you like. 
I use MAC a face chart to trace the outlines on a watercolour paper, which is good for makeup application and blending. For creating the lashes or eyeliner I use a thin black marker. To finish of I use a bit of hairspray to help the powder stay in place and that way it won't smudge.
For our Fundamentals of Make-Up and Hair Design lesson  we had to create 2 face charts using analgous and complementary colours and do an acromatic and monocromatic look on ourselves. I did all 4 looks as face charts first, just to see what it will look like and to practice, too. Before doing each look, I used Illamasqua's Skin Base Foundation SB 01 mixed with the Matte Primer so the makeup application would be easier and look better.

Analogous 
Analogus colours are the ones that are next to eachother in the colour wheel. I used yellow orange, orange and red orange. The look was created with the shades Tumeric, Saffron and Fannel from the Kryolan's Viva Brilliant Colour Medley Matt Sun palette and the colours 288 (orange) and 079 (red) from the Supracolor palette. I used a black mascara to define the lashes. 
Face chart
 Final look

Complementary
These are the colours that naturally complement eachother and I chose red and green. For the face I used the shades Curry Leaf and Lemon Grass from the Kryolan's Viva Brilliant Colour Medley Matt Sun palette. To create the thick cat eye flick I used 079 (red) and for the eyebrows the colours TK.2 and GR.42, all from the Supracolor Palette. On the lips I used my Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the shade 111. Again, I used a black mascara to finish off the look.
Face chart
 Final look

Monochromatic
This means, one colour - all shades. I decided to go with orange. I made a face chart at home and then Laura did my look on me in our lesson. Also, I did the look she created on her, in the colour pink. The shades that I used for my look were Tumeric, Ginger and Fannel, and she used Annatto from the Kryolan's Viva Brilliant Colour Medley Matt Sun palette. From the Supracolor palette I used 288 (orange) and she used R21 (pink).  I decided not to use any mascara and to block out the eyebrows.
My face chart
 The look Laura created on me
Laura's face chart
 The look I've created on Laura

Achromatic
Achromatic colours are: black, white and all shades of grey. The face chart I created with the shade Obsidian from Illmasqua's Neutral Pallette on the eyes. Black Pepper, Caraway and Femmel from the Kryolan's Viva Brilliant Colour Medley Matt Sun palette and 071 (black) from the Supracolor Palette on the lips. 
My face chart

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar