subota, 4. listopada 2014.

Summer Project

I've always been passionate about art, makeup, fashion and beauty, but honestly never thought about becoming a Makeup Artist until about 2 years ago. That was when I came accross a few amazing beauty bloggers, makeup artists and YouTubers and the ridiculous show called Jerseylicious, and fell in love with them and their work. I started thinking "If they can make a career from their hobbies, then why can't I?". I believe that this is a job which I would enjoy for the rest of my life as it is the perfect combination of everything that interests me. So here I am, taking the first step towards my dream job...



Mood board



My mood board

I would say that my biggest role model is Zoe Sugg (a.k.a Zoella).  Her love for fashion and beauty as well as her creativity and ambition inspire so many girls around the world including me. She started her blog back in the 2009, and now, 5 years later, she is a blogger and a YouTuber who wins awards, writes books and has her own brand called "Zoella Beauty". She is a real example of how everything is possible if you just work hard and stay true to what you believe in and love. Following in her steps there is also the lovely Tanya Burr, a YouTuber and a professional MUA.




Zoe & Tanya do a video on their pamper evening 

I decided to make my mood board in a digital format as I am a Graphic Designer myself.
To answer the question "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" was much  harder than I expected. No one can truly answer this question, the only thing I can do is plan little scenarios and dreams in my head and hope; hope that in 5 years my dreams will come true, just like Zoella's.
I am interested in all areas of this industry, mostly makeup for fashion, tv and commercials, but also post production. Special effects and prostethics are not really my thing. I also think that backstage at fashion shows is very exciting and amazing but I don't know if I could cope with all  the rush and busyness. Fashion shoots, on the other side, are where I would like to find myself in 5 years.


Two Film Reviews



The Great Gatsby

This film came out not that long ago (2013),  but the story is happening in the summer of 1922 ("the roaring twenties"). The genre is drama.
The film was mirroring society at that time, but in my oppinion the leading man is shown as a real style icon. The leading caracter, Jay Gatsby looked sharp, always wore suits and his hair was combed back. Women wore flapper dresses that looked flirty but feminine which emphasized their breasts (Daisy's push-up bra). The hair was a short and sleek accessrized with beautiful headbands, and the jewelry consisted of art deco pieces, especially many layers of beaded necklaces, pins, rings and brooches.
There were several designers who collaborated for this film - Prada, Miu Miu and Brooks Brothers. Tiffany and Co. were in charge of the jewelery. MAC did an amazing job by capturing the perfect 20s makeup - nude and deep red lipstick, pale skin, dark brows and for the eyes; smugdy black pencil and fake eyelashes.
A love scene from the film
Daisy and Jay
Breakfast At Tiffany's

Breakfast at Tiffany's is a American romantic comedy film (1961) starring Audrey Hepburn.
Audrey looked like the prefrect 60s woman and she instantly became the biggest style icon of the 20th century.  Her wardrobe was simple and elegant. At the beggining of the film she wore the iconic "Little Black Dress" by Givenchy,  which is probably the most famous  little black dress of all time. As accessories she wore were: Tiffany necklace of strands of pearls and diamante hair ornament, a wide hat with an enormous cream silk bow, long gloves, a very long cigarette holder and the oversized Manhattan sunglasses were designed by Oliver Goldsmith, etc.
Her hair was streaked with blonde highlights and her big backcombed hairstyle was done by Grazia de Rossi. Molly Westmore did a quite simple makeup look - dark eyebrows and cat flick eye look. If we asked Holly Golightly what is her favourite makeup product, the answer would definitely be; her peachy pink lipstick!
I think that the film is iconic in terms of fashion and style because Audrey's look is classic and charming in a way of its own and it never goes out of style no matter year it is. Also, the famous "Little Black Dress" is a must-have item in every woman's wardrobe to this day.
Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's
Combined images from the film
(source: tumblr)

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar